Highlights of Canberra Xtra
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: HCXH54
The half day Highlights Xtra tour is a terrific compact tour which allows visitors to see and experience some of the highlights of the Canberra, that you simply cannot pack into the full day Highlights of Canberra tour.
Start with a pickup at your accommodation before journeying up Black Mountain to Telstra Tower. From both the indoor and outdoor observation decks you’ll have panoramic 360 degree views of Canberra and the region! This is the only place in Canberra where you’ll get such a view! Your guide will take you around the deck informing you about the City, the region and other points of interest.
From Black Mountain you’ll travel over the Royal Australian Mint in the suburb of Deakin. Here you’ll learn about the history of Australian currency in the small museum and possibly even witness employees making some real coins for circulation.
The tour concludes with a visit to the National Museum of Australia where you can go back in time and take yourself on a journey of Australian history and culture. See such things as Pharlap’s heart and the fleece of Chris the Sheep (an overgrown sheep who became a Canberra cult hero)!
Your tour will end with drop off back to your accommodation.
- Approximately 3-hour tour from pickup to drop off in comfortable tour vehicle. Approximately 9am pickup.
- Visit Telstra Tower, the Royal Australian Mint and the National Museum of Australia (all entry fees included in tour price).
- Get the only 360 degree views of Canberra and the Region from the top of Telstra Tower.
- See where Australia’s coins are made at the Mint.
- Experience the National Museum.
- Visitors who want to see as much of Canberra as possible.
- Those on a tight schedule.
- Visitors interested in Museums but don’t have a great deal of time.
This tour requires a gentle level of walking.
*Tour order may change subject to conditions.